This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

usage of laterite

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by shockshockshad, Sep 15, 2007.

1. shockshockshad

shockshockshad Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:52 AM
    I bought some aquarium gravel before I realized I needed ed better substrate for plants. I recently got some laterite, but how do I use it?

2. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    RE: Laterite

It's best to put it in first under the gravel, and plant carefully or it can make one Helluva mess ! ;) HTH. Prof M

3. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I would mix it in with the first inch of substrate, then add another 2 inches or more of just the substrate on top of it. Then be very gentle about adding water to the tank to avoid disturbing the substrate down to where the laterite is.

4. saxenamohitm

saxenamohitm Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hey!
    I've got my first planted tank up and running and i'd used laterite soil in my setup...
    I've made a log of preparing the substrate in another forum.. Substrate for planted tank: Log of first timer

I hope it helps u...Also mebbe other experienced can comment on wot cud have been done in a better way..

Regards
    Mohit