This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Uploading Pictures Etc.

Discussion in 'Site Related' started by Daveyng, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Daveyng

Daveyng New Member

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    Hi All, just wanted to know if there are any size limits/restrictions imposed for image uploads etc. I can then modify my pics accordingly.

2. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    Im not sure if there is a cut-off in place as far as dimension. There is probably a size limit but my guess is it's pretty large, like 5 MB+

Images downsize to fit a persons screen, clicking the image expands it to its original resolution. In my opinion anything over 1600 (width) is really too big. And the bigger the image the longer it takes to load. This becomes a factor when there are many pics on a single page like in a journal

But as long as the system accepts it you can post whatever size you want

3. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    Hi

Yes we have a max limit of 2meg per attachment and the max dimensions of images is 2048px width and 2048 height.