Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
No Need

Hi,

Tygon products are wonderful. :)

I do not think it is necessary to go to the additional cost.

Effectively the crud that builds up in our tubing is another level of filtration. :gw

Every few years or however often you wish you can always clean the tubing with sodium per carbonate or Potassium Permanganate (in place) or remove the tubing and use a 20:1 5% bleach solution.

Biollante

argnom

Guru Class Expert
May 24, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Biollante, you really like that PP stuff don't you. :D

I'm more of a 30% H2O2 kind of person, but they both work well to clean pipes.

Biollante;56342 said:
Effectively the crud that builds up in our tubing is another level of filtration. :gw

I could not agree more.

mulm

Junior Poster
Jun 3, 2010
I wish I could go a month...much less years without cleaning my tubing. I have about an 8 foot run from my tank to my canister and have a significant (30%+) drop in flow after only a couple weeks work of scum in the lines. If this product can double the time between cleanings it would be well worth the money to me.

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
@mulm- Let's Talk @ argnom- Yeah I Like PP A Lot

Hi,

Then by all means use the Tygon product, I have always been happy with Tygon products. :cool:

The problem I see is that sooner or later these hoses will gunk up as well. :gw

I think somewhere along the way you are going to need to address the flow issue. I do not know what you are using for pumps or filters but a few possibilities leap to mind:

1. lack of oomph (technical term) from a pump ;)
  2. obstruction(s)
  3. more gunk (another technical term) coming in than your system can handle
  4. a design flaw
  5. some combination of the above
  6. a conspiracy of inter-galactic proportions :rolleyes:

Before spending money on expensive tubing that may or may not solve the problem, why not talk about your system? :)

@ argnom- It is not that I think potassium permanganates, KMnO4 (PP) are perfect for every situation, I do think it is one of the best overall, consistently effective treatments available and it is cheap! I use 35% H2O2 as well though it has a couple of drawbacks and not the overall efficacy of PP. :cool:

Biollante