jSP97LBl.jpg

8wxu0ufl.jpg

Z6tnwnbl.jpg

vyFxaIJl.jpg

ljBzDZol.jpg

Hardware

Tank: Aqueon 135 Gallon 72.5" L x 18.5" W x 24.5" H

Stand: DIY 75.5" L x 20.75" W x 32.75" H

Filter: CPR 102 Overflow, Tom's Aqua Lifter, Using Visio 55 Gallon as a sump, Jebao/Jecod DCP 8000 (set at 46%)

Filter Media: 15 LBs of Pumice Stone

Lights: 3x SBReefLights Fresh Water Basic (Reds 30%, Blues 15%)

Co2: DIY Regulator, 20# Tank, Ista Check Valve, 4.5" x 20" Cerges Reactor, Powered by Jebao/Jecod DCT 6000, set @ lv 3

Misc: Jecod/Jebao RW-8 for extra flow in the main tank

Originally had a wet/dry filter but i think i was degassing too much to get the benefit of how much co2 i was pumping in (100 mL/min)
Gj6KvGQl.jpg

GGbDNH7l.jpg

Current Dosing Regime

KNO3: 10 ppm, tap is 30-40 ppm already

K2PO4: 1 ppm PO4 3x a week

K2SO4: 8 ppm 3x week

Plantex CSMB: 0.116 fe ppm

FE DTPA 11%: 0.18 ppm

MgSO4: 2.5 ppm 1x week, right after water change

Whats in the tank

Substrate: 150 LBs of 20-40 Grit Black Diamond Blasting Sand

Current thoughts:

need to kill the BBA on my buces

Last edited by a moderator:

DutchMuch

Junior Poster
Mar 8, 2017
Arkansas
Hello TSing, Lovely tank :) I really like the open feel of it and the length makes it very good looking to, a large carpet would be nice in the front and I see you have the s repens growing well.

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
Branches re-mossed after a massive hair algae outbreak (probably caused by plants from my outdoor pond or decaying food that got stuck). took out the chunk Malaysian driftwood that was at the right. Spent like 4hrs tying the back branches (couldnt removed the wood from the tank, would lose the scape), front branches i tied the the nite before.

OAeQ4gHl.jpg

20VDUmvl.jpg

Pretty sure I killed off the BBA on the front 2 wood pieces, the process:

Sprayed H2O2 on the pieces, letting the H2O2 do its work for about 5 to 8 mins. This was done outside the tank.

Next i hit it with Glutaraldehyde, letting it do it's work for 5 to 8 mins also. This was done outside the tank.

Took the driftwood to the bath tub, ran hot water on it while I scrubbed off the dead/dying BBA.

Finally soaked the wood in a bucket of hot water for a few mins.

Friday updates:

Need to prune the AR Mini some more:

D30lOPcl.jpg

Otz9KyNl.jpg

Ammania Gracilis

wCJ7kchl.jpg

Need to fill up some spaces between the Ludwigia Peruensis and nesaea pedicellata gold

hv9223il.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Things are well planted (spacing is very nice) thank you for sharing. The wood in the center distracts from all else going on in the tank, i would reposition things around imo but the tank looks great.

Reactions: 2 people

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
Dennis Singh said:
Things are well planted (spacing is very nice) thank you for sharing. The wood in the center distracts from all else going on in the tank, i would reposition things around imo but the tank looks great.
thanks. originally in the pre-fill stages i had the scape a bit more to the right, but later decided against it incase i wanted to add more wood, at the time i wanted to do something like Herry Rasio's scapes:

L3eqh1F.jpg

out of curiosity what would you reposition? i was thinking of switching Ludwigia Peruensis, Bacopa Caroliana, and Ammania's positions to Bacopa, Ammania, and Ludwigia. I have a feeling that the ludwigia isn't doing to well due to the high flow around that area

DutchMuch said:
lookin' Gucci!

thanks

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Just for the left side for right now i would move the bacopa over to the left and have it fill to the center part

in front would be the ludwigia per. as a mid ground extending left to right until its also in front of the ammania

In front of those, grow out those plants more the repens/ar mini and then can rearrange accordingly if you want more tips or do not. up to ya.

The wood could actually go behind the right side and diagonal alignment and tilt it downward rightward a little bit.

Thats a very nice hardscape by Herry. Great to see a new name to me.

My current aquascape has a similar wood branching style like that.

Reactions: 2 people

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
Did an 80% water change today. accidentally dosed about 45ppm of K during the last fert cycle and the leaves on AR Mini, Ammania, and Ludwigia Perunesis were curling/twisting.

Stretch out the AR Mini a bit. pruned em a bit too.

KTsf9ZYl.jpg

Trimmed Bacopa. Gonna try to find a plant that can deal with high currents for that spot behind the Ludwigia Perunesis

BKQblnUl.jpg

The new leaves on the Nasea Golden are coming in nice

e5gi690l.jpg

Probably gonna add more anubias or bucephalandra to fill in those gaps in front of the swords. not sure how i feel about that huge anubias on the driftwood

nK2OO6bl.jpg

Ripped out the lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae in this spot, not sure what i wanna replace it with.

znJ8Lwml.jpg

FTS

VKGFwnhl.jpg

Side Shots

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
bought a bunch of rotalas and filled some of it in the gap here. thanks herns. might replace it with some pinkish bacopa if i can get my hands on some lol
CC9nlIPl.jpg

added some java fern too, not sure about the placement yet
UJqIcakl.jpg

lagenandra meeboldii red
eV4Peefl.jpg

Ludwigia Perunesis and Nasaea Gold are doing good now, after upping my KNO3 and KH2PO4. thanks burr740 and Pikez.
jEcKaSvl.jpg

Fert Schedule:

might tweak my Micros a bit later down the road.

FTS:
Q7T1KO4l.jpg

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Looking good Tsing!

In the dosing chart, second row in the "traces" column, is .0655 based on Mn?

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
burr740 said:
Looking good Tsing!

In the dosing chart, second row in the "traces" column, is .0655 based on Mn?

nah, it's just the total of traces other than FE. i might end up ditching the 11% DTPA for Ferrous Gluconate, my pH might be too high for it when my co2 is off. plants still use the ferts in the water column even when lights are out right? if that's the case my DTPA isn't doing anything the other 16 hours then lol.

edit: this is what it is on rotalabutterfly

To reach your target of 0.116ppm Fe you will need to add 1.08 grams (equivalent to 1/4 tsp ) Plantex CSM+B to your 160gal aquarium to yield:
Fe0.116
Mn0.033
Cu0.002
Mg0.025
Zn0.007
Mo0.001
B0.014
dGH0.006

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
Huge trim today on the left side:

Moved Perunesis to the "sweet spot" of the left side of the tank

QSClh9Ul.jpg

Filled the Section 4 (the back left corner) with bacopa. me and a friend just call that area Section 4 (4 being the homonym for death in chinese lol) cuz whatever plant i throw in that corner usually doesnt do well.

ouV9oUpl.jpg

Might replace the Ammania Gracilis on the right of the Bacopa and L. Perunesis, i think it might be too big.

KriasQml.jpg

Moved the Nasea to center (temporary spot)

ByA9959l.jpg

Got a new piece of manzanita for $9. 18" x 1" x 1" approximately

znuPs6Fl.jpg

1V7KjXFl.jpg

not too sure where it's gonna go yet, maybe somewhere around here?

aa7qsQFl.jpg

I'm half tempted to move all the hard scape a bit more to the right, only reason i havent yet is cuz i'm still looking for more manzanita driftwood. need to figure out some flow related stuff if i do.

nSKrtS2l.jpg

Reactions: Nikolyator

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
SingAlongWithTsing said:
I'm half tempted to move all the hard scape a bit more to the right,

Would be a good move imo. That wood is dynamite, but it looks a little awkward being dead center

Great updates btw, very enjoyable to see and read.

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
UK
barrreport.com
Agreed that now you have that new wood move the original wood to the far left or right of the tank and intergrate the new wood so it hits the second rule of thirds mark.

Keep us updated tsing :)

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
how far would you guys move it? render doesnt include the new piece

current:

3SXvYJrl.png

option 1:

7i0iADQl.png

option 2:

ncz2Jzol.png

option 3:

Umpbzrvl.png

option 4:

8qjhfwIl.png

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Believe I would start with #2, or possibly #3. Have the base originating from the big sword

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Option 3, then add more wood to extend to the left along the bottom.

SingAlongWithTsing

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2016
SoCal
Rearranged the wood today. went with option 3 or whats close enough to it lol. the end of one of the wood pieces was longer than what i initially remembered

XyQ9Rgxl.jpg

from back to front: rotala sp., limnophila aromatica mini, hygrophila araguaia. nasaea golden was just placed there to grow/temporary spot

zd9DC6kl.jpg

ZcKay6Fl.jpg

KYGl7SQl.jpg

not sure if i wanna keep the regular java fern up here

HeXJhfdl.jpg

not sure what i wanna do with the argentine? swords. the main one is over 18" tall

YfddAJol.jpg

not sure what i wanna do with my huge ass crypts too

oc4r3IAl.jpg

might just shove it into the driftwood like this

LBfAyqVl.jpg

Reactions: Nikolyator

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Looks nice. If you put the sword(s) in back behind the branches, it'll make the branches stand out better. Might be a good look...