This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to grow hc emersed

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by JoshP, Jun 15, 2008.

1. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:37 AM
    Ive a new nano tank im setting up with 2" of flourite, 23w cfl and im manually spraying with mulm and tank water mixture. I planted the HC in small clumps throughout the tank, and a lot doesnt look so well. I just got a glass lid tonight and hopefully that will help. Any tips or foresight would be great. Thanks

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is the tank full of water or empty? Without that I'm not sure anyone could give you very good tips.

3. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    The substrate is saturated completely, not over the plants though. Thanks

4. JoshP

JoshP Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Good thing I clarified that.

5. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    If you keep the air in the tank humid, and provide light for 10 hours to 12 hours a day, you should do very well with HC growing emersed. I think it would do better if you had planted it as single plantlets insead of clumps, but either will work. Once it is planted and you keep it humid, it is mostly a matter of just waiting for it to grow.