Trying to get the CO2 level stable throughout the entire tank

GillesF

Nov 1, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
Looking forward to receiving my atomizer!

My CO2 is stable now. I don't know if my DC is lime green, it looks more like greenish yellow to me. So far, my 2 loricaria do not show any symptoms of CO2 gassing so I guess I'm safe.

*edit* I still have some stunted P. Stellata at the right side of the tank. Seems the CO2 can't get in the corner. Left and centre is OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

GillesF

Nov 1, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
Just a short update: I installed an Eheim spray bar (great quality!) and an inline Up Aqua Atomizer. I think this has been one of the best investments so far. Yesterday, all of my plants were pearling for the very first time, including my HC. I can see tiny CO2 bubbles throughout the ENTIRE tank. It even gets to the bottom where my HC is. I absolutely love it, wish I had done this from the beginning. Only the front left corner doesn't get as much CO2 but I'll probably drill a small hole in the spray bar directly above it.

How long will it take for my HC and stunted P. Stellata to really start growing?

GillesF

Nov 1, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
Short update: most of the plants are pearling, especially the moss (looks silverish on some places) and the java fern. The HC was pearling too but I trimmed it to encourage new growth.
The Ammania Gracilis is now growing steadily, 2 weeks ago it didn't grow at all ... P. Stellata is maken beautiful crowns and growing slowly.

By the way, does java fern always reproduce by growing "mini jave ferns" at leaf's top? Looks a bit strange. And how do I gut the java fern thicker?

GillesF

Nov 1, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
Will post some pictures this evening!

Here it goes, don't mind the dead algae, I haven't been able to remove all of the staghorn:

25gqxk4.jpg

I think the little one is two weeks old :)

It's a Microsorum Pteropus "Narrow" by the way!

Last edited by a moderator: