This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Trying Out The Non Co2 Method - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by ilaizm, May 30, 2018.

1. ilaizm

ilaizm Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:56 PM
    I went through the Non CO2 methods sticky thread and I am interested in trying out that approach. The approach being discussed states that very few water changes are required. In my case, this will not be possible, I change 50% water on a weekly basis and would like to keep that schedule. In such a case, shouldthe Seachem Equilibrium and KNO3/KH2PO4 weekly doses be different to the amounts recommended in the article?

Also, my tap water is very hard, in such cases, would you still add Seachem Equilibrium?

I will only have Anubias and java fern in my tank.

thanks,

Ilai

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    9:56 PM
    Hello ilaizm,

you can generally start with half of the standard EI dose and reduce from there until you see problems. You can certainly couple Non-CO2 with weekly water changes, it's just that they are not a requirement from the plant growth point of view.

If your water is hard already there is no reason to add S. Equilibrium (as long as you add K from the KNO3 part).

https://barrreport.com/threads/ei-for-low-light-setup.7144/#post-56552

Feel free to start a journal so you and we can follow your progress with the tank.