This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Trimming Riccia

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by edacsac, Mar 21, 2007.

1. edacsac

edacsac Prolific Poster

In my tank I have somewhat of a ledge that I tied riccia to pieces of slate and laid them all out to grow. A couple of months later I had a most excellent lawn of riccia. Then I read that riccia should only grow to about 1/2" or it starts to rot on the bottom, so I decide to give it a trim. Sure enough, some of it is turning brown where it's tied down. I trimmed quite a bit of it and it's still taller than 1/2", but it looks horrible. Totally horrible. I'm thinking I need to learn a bit about trimming riccia.

2. Frolicsome_Flora

Frolicsome_Flora Guru Class Expert

i wouldnt worry too much, itll grow back up very quick. if its too brown underneath to really make any good growth, replacing it all might be the way.. i woudlnt expect it to last forever tied down as its not its natural position.

I trim mine up weekly, so it looks more uniform.. as you can see, some of mine is probably 1.5 inches deep in places now, when it starts dislodging itself, ill just replace it with some more and start over.

[​IMG]