This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Trial And Error..and Error..and Error.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jilrae, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    10:22 AM
    So my first planted tank...Sort of. 46 gallons of unfinishedness. Currently running easy green 1x/week, easy carbon every other day, fluval plant 3.0 (just one). Current greenery is vals, anubias, dwarf lily, dwarf tiger lily/lotus thing, java fern windelov, microswords, dwarf sag misplaced somewhere in the microswords, I believe a small amount of s. repens, an amazon sword, and an ambitious madagascar lace. I've been building it up little by little, as everything all at once was cost prohibitive. In the future I'm hoping to get some more reds in the tank, maybe some crypts or scarlet temple or something, I dunno yet! Suggestions very welcome!

Fish stock is a bunch of cardinals, some endlers, 2 lady guppies, dwarf chain loaches, cory cats, oto cats, albino bristlenose, amano shrimps, ghost shrimps, and a betta named Oswald.

Recent things, all but eradicated BBA and a small BGA outbreak, yay!

To be added soon; the second slightly larger piece of driftwood similar in shape, will be placed at an angle towards center of tank. It's currently soaking.

If anyone has any ideas to improve my scape (cause let's face it, it's a bit chaotic and sparse), I'd love to hear them!

2018-07-04 12.34.24.jpg

2. Fisherking

Fisherking Member

Local Time:
    I think I'd wait until you have the other piece of wood in the tank and then get to rearranging things. How does Oswald get on with the Amanos?

3. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    That's the plan, the wood should be ready in another week or two. The mopani that's in there is kind of a placeholder for the other piece so I wouldn't accidentally plant too much into the footprint. Just trying to get some ideas for when it's actually in there because I'm building it up little by little, so it's hard sometimes to envision the final result. I'd love to do a carpet down the center and toward the back of some monte carlo or dwarf hairgrass or something, but that's probably not too realistic with my current lighting. As for Oswald and the shrimps, they're actually doing fine, neither seems remotely interested in the other. That's why I've got ghost shrimps, they were a bit of a trial to see how Oswald and the chain loaches would deal with shrimps before dropping the money on amanos.

Fisherking likes this.
  4. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    Update...-_-

So I spotted some ich in my tank, yay...Buuuuuut because of all the shrimps, I couldn't go with regular medications, so...all of my plants with the exception of the microsword in the front are currently chillin' out in a sunny bucket while I salt treat the tank :\ But the good news is, the salt is working at least! No casualties thus far, and everyone is clearing up.

5. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    So far so good, the ich appears to be eradicated. Bringing temps back down, desalinating to take place over the next few days!

Tags: