This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Took a plant from local small sized lake...

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Gargoyle, May 25, 2008.

1. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    I took a couple plants from a local lake here in Michigan. It looks a lot like horn wort but much stronger. I currently have it in a plastic baggie with some well water covering it. I can see little critters swimming along in the water.

Question is how do I prep this plant from placement in a tank? I don't want the critters if I can help it and I will be placing the plant in a fishless, plantless tank all by itself. I would like to move it to my main display tank if at all possible if all goes well.

Please help me with what I can do to get this native species tank safe.

2. aquabillpers

aquabillpers Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:12 AM
    I would just put the plant in a tank with good lighting and see what happens.

The little things that came with it might be more interesting than the plant!

Bill