Tom Barr's Podcast

dantra

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2007
TX
LOL...
That was a great interview and your modesty was well received! When I heard you say CO2 I thought about you constantly repeating yourself on the forums saying its CO2, add CO2 , more and more CO2. :)

I found it to be entertaining, interesting, funny and also very informative. Sort of gave me a different perspective of you. It actually humanized you. :D LOL

Anyway, it was great.
Dan

hydrophyte

Prolific Poster
Aug 21, 2009
I listened this morning while finishing breakfast and washing dishes. The podcast sounded great! Nice work Tom! I mean to listen again to absorb some more of the practical information.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
dantra;40494 said:
LOL...
That was a great interview and your modesty was well received! When I heard you say CO2 I thought about you constantly repeating yourself on the forums saying its CO2, add CO2 , more and more CO2. :)

I found it to be entertaining, interesting, funny and also very informative. Sort of gave me a different perspective of you. It actually humanized you. :D LOL

Anyway, it was great.
Dan

I'm not human, that was just a minion I have to do my bidding.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
tedr108;40513 said:
That Southern accent caught me by surprise, Tom! Wasn't expecting that... :)

When I go to the south, they think I'm a Yankee, so it's not really southern.
More midwestern.

Born in KY and raised mostly in IN, so..........Education wise, I started with a hanicap:eek:

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tug

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2009
Washington, DC
Looking forward to October.

After listening to the pod cast I was disappointed. After your years of using DIY CO2, there was no interest in learning about your experience from the two hosts. It was entertaining though, even with Tom. I hope to be at the Aquafest 2009. Of course you would be welcome to stop over in DC and have a drink from the roof deck.

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
I too am listening to the pod cast, it is good to hear Tom chatting away.

Tom, you've become quite a bit of a celebrity!

...and everybody is trying to bribe you with grog!! :D

C

CL_

Tom Barr;40520 said:
Born in KY and raised mostly in IN, so..........Education wise, I started with a hanicap:eek:

Regards,
Tom Barr
Hey now! ;)
Just gave this a listen. Great podcast. I had downloaded it September of last year but never got around to listening to it. You do sound more southern than I do, despite being raised in both Tennessee and Kentucky haha. I used to be much worse. Called em fangers, etc.
Just curious, it may be out there somewhere, but I haven't seen it. Does anyone have a list (in % or something) of the source of carbon that any aquatic plant uses (hydrilla or something)? I know CO2 is most, if not all of a plant's carbon source is CO2, just curious what other forms plants get Carbon in compared to CO2.
Please excuse the thread resurrection :)

Last edited: