This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Toeknee's 55 And 20 Long Planted Tanks

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ToeKnee, May 19, 2019.

1. ToeKnee

ToeKnee New Member

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    Hello all. I posted about my tanks in the introduction section then realized I should have posted about my set ups here in the journal section. (sorry about double post mods)

The 55 has no co2. One Beamswork DA 6500K led on for 8 hours a day from 9 am-12pm, off, then back on from 5-10 pm. I also have a Beamswork DA 10000K led on from 5-9 pm. Substrate is just pool filter sand with NilocG root tabs. I use NilocG ThriveC twice weekly. Excel 3 times a week. 60% water change weekly. Two Cascade 1000 canister filters and an Aquatech HOB for good measure. Stocking is 7 Keyhole Cichlids, 12 Harlequin Rasboras, 12 Peppered Cory's, 1 Bolivian Ram, 1 Rio-Negro Pleco. 7 Nerite Snails. No Idea how many Ghost Shrimp. At least 13 they've been breeding successfully surprisingly.

Still trying to dial everything in on the 55 it's only about 8 months old. I've gone through the typical Diatom bloom, I finally got the upper hand on BBA last month. I still have some left but I've been able to get rid of 90% of it. (it was getting pretty bad).....I still have some green algae forming on plants I'm trying to get rid of. It's not awful but bad enough to bother me. I'll probably dial back lights a bit.

The 20 long I literally just threw together a few days ago. It's been running underneath my 55 as a quarantine/hospital tank. It's made up of trimmings from the 55, driftwood and other equipment I had laying around. I scaped it out of boredom the other day then wound up putting a betta in it. It's more to play around with scaping than it is for keeping fish.....for now. I made add a group of Kuhlie Loaches down the road.
    DSC_2100.jpg DSC_2107.jpg DSC_2116.jpg

Tim Harrison and toads74 like this.