This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To remove or not to Remove

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by tropicalryan, May 5, 2011.

1. tropicalryan

tropicalryan Junior Poster

A lot of regulators bought off Ebay come with a needle valve already installed, I was just wondering if it necessary to go through the hassle of removing the needle valve or if it is okay to just build your regulator starting from the needle valve already attached (and yes I will be adding a proper needle valve-an ideal one to be specific)

2. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

You can leave the oem on/off valve on the unit (this is not a needle valve). It is easier for some, but it is cleaner if you take it off. I take all mine off, but I have the proper tools to do so. Also, removing the oem valve reduces weight significantly, too.

3. tropicalryan

ok so it wouldn't hinder any performance, is it possible to take it off with hand tools as I currently do not have air tools

4. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

The high purity (chrome plated and stainless units) are easier to remove with hand tools. The brass industrial VTS models are glued/sealed with something that looks like loctite. The VTS models are harder to get off with hand tools.

Removing the OEM post body on/off valve and the other components will not cause any problems.

5. tropicalryan

ok thanks for the info, I will remove mine sounds like a better idea then leaving it on