to fertilize or not, the macro

cannibal

Prolific Poster
Nov 18, 2009
croatia
Hello everyone once again.
Two days ago, I set a new aquarium.
I decided to use the soil for flowers, but I have not watered it, but I just washed it and put in an aquarium.
Changing the water every three days through 3-4 weeks due to danger of too much ammonia and algae growth.
To help put a DIY CO2 and daily esay carbo 0.5 ml.
I'd like to put macroelements (KNO3, KH2PO4, K2SO4), but I do not know how much to put the frequent changing of water.
Do 8ppm KNO3? 1.5 ppm KH2PO4? or that are based on weekly dosing and after change of water once I get 20 ppm and 3-4 ppm KNO3 KH2PO4?
I hope you understand what I want to know?
Regards
Dario

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
Hallo Dario!
If i understood corectly , you did not go for the ''non co2 method'' because you put in the flower soil and because of that you would have to do frequent water changes for a few weeks , right?

If you would change 50% of water in those changes , than i guess you will do fine with 10-15ppm no3 and 1,5ppm PO4 after a water change.
The ppm's shouldn't rise more than double of what you've dosed.
Just keep that diy co2 steady...

Do you plan on switching to non co2 after?

cannibal

Prolific Poster
Nov 18, 2009
croatia
Hi!
Sorry i heaven't posted before, i was on trip :D
you have understood corectly, i have flower soil in bottom, and put co2 just in case, for week or two i'm will start without co2.
Now i'm adding 10 ppm of kno3 i 1,5 ppm kh2po4, with easy carbo 0,5ml and florena 2 ml (all at once after wather change)..light is still on 8 houres per day (that i'm not gonna change)...
Now is 5 days after I start this aquarium, plants are growing very well, and i am satisfeid with this method..
Dario