TMG - Proper Dosage

Homer_Simpson

Prolific Poster
Oct 11, 2007
Hi I just purchased some Tropical Master Grow to experiment with in my 40 gallon for the Trace Element. Using EI fertilization, I just want to be sure, I don't mess up how much I dose. I am assuming based on the suggested amounts that 5 ml TMG 3 times a week would be the proper dosage for a 40 gallon using EI fertilization. Can someone please confirm. Many thanks.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
That's the regular dose I add to a 20 gallon. sometimes more if the tank is packed and growing well with higher light.

You can also divide 15 mls for the week/7 days for daily dosing if that's your goal.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Homer_Simpson

Prolific Poster
Oct 11, 2007
Many thanks Tom :). So for my 4o gallon I would need to dose 10 ml 3 times a week or approx 4.29 ml daily?? I dose the macros dry Mon, Wed, and Fri and Trace Tues, Thurs, and Sat with 50% water change on Sunday. For trace, I was previously mixing 1 Tablespoon of a hydrophonic shop TE powder in 250Ml water and dosing 5 ml of that 3 times a week. With all things being equal, I tried the Liquid EI and dosed it daily, but miserably failed with that method and was unable to master it, so decided to go with the dry EI dosing method that I succeeded with and got better growth.

There are no real problems with growth. I was just curious to try TMG for comparison purposes and even have some Yamato Green and CSM+B that I could test later on. I know that this may not be the most Scientific method to test different TE mixes and it is probably better to set up control tanks with the same plants, water, c02, fish stock, etc., and test differences with TE mixes on those, but I don't have any more room in my house to set up additional experimental tanks, so I just have to work with my current setups.

Thanks again.