This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Tmc Aquaray Grobeam 1500 Tiles...anyone Used Them??

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jacob C. Becker, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Jacob C. Becker

Jacob C. Becker New Member

Local Time:
    5:23 PM
    I recently bought 2 of these tiles w/ the controller for a pretty incredible deal on EBay. Paid less for both of them AND the controller than I would have for a Kessil 360 Tuna Sun. Part of the reason why is they are for a 56 gallon column tank with a center divider. SOOO I needed either two lights, or a long bar (which still would have blocked light in the center. What I'm wondering is if anyone has any opinion as to if they will be strong enough to grow plants with the depth of my tank. It is a 24" deep tank HOWEVER I am going with a deep substrate bed that will be 4-6" in ALL areas (putting my depth to plants closer to 18"). All the research I've done (which has been quite extensive) says yes, minus a couple nay-sayers on forums. ESPECIALLY according to Aquaray it is more light than they recommend for "high light" planted tanks. They said with depths like mine about 0.8 watts per gallon due to their special LEDs and optimum spectrums, PUR, etc. Anyone have any experience with these? Guessing Ill just have to try em and see (as they are a UK company) and IF its not enough add some sort of LED bar. Possibly the new Oraphek? idk opinons? Thanks!.