Tissue Culture And Melting Issues

cdaJiv

Oct 3, 2017
Douglasville
I have three tanks with carpeted HC which do nicely but every time I try to expand the carpet and add more I seem to have problems. I’ve purchased Tissue Culture HC nearly a dozen times with little success, I usually have to purchase potted which doesn’t have the extreme burst of growth like most other Tissue Culture plants do and takes much longer for them to stabilize and take hold in the tank. The few times I’ve successfully grown TC dwarf baby tears submerged it’s grown wonderfully though.

Nearly every time I’ve attempted the TC it’s always melted (from bottom to top/the part in the substrate melts first) a week or two after planting, I’ve tried floating the plants for a week with no different end result; also tried planting emersed and transferring but would melt before I even got it out of the emersed setup.

Anyone have any tips or tricks?

Kyalgae

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Reactions: Christophe

cdaJiv

Oct 3, 2017
Douglasville
My NH4 and NO3 are relatively low once a week, I use Tropica Premium Ferts (Green Pump Bottle) which my plants use up nearly all of the nutrients by the weekend and the tanks are fully cycled for atleast 6-7 months now.