This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

tips on planting Blyxa japonica?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by blue_martian, Mar 14, 2010.

1. blue_martian

blue_martian Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    11:23 AM
    Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on planting this Blyxa plant. My lfs told me to seperate the stems and plant them individually which is fine, however they also told me this plant won't do well with weights to hold it down.

I've got about 8 stems and have been replanting them over and over for a few days. Does anyone know for sure if weights will kill this plant? or have any other way of holding them down till they take root?

tia

Blue

2. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I've had similar issues planting Sagitaria subulata. Pushing it in on a bit of an angle, and allowing a little substrate to get inbetween the leaves at the base seems to solve the problem.

3. nipat

nipat Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I trim lower leaves so that thery are shorter and use them as anchors in the substrate.

4. blue_martian

blue_martian Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    thanks 4 the tips.. so far so good they've been holding for over a day now.. go roots!!