Tiny snails.

aalok

Feb 15, 2024
india
hello all,
I recently did a water change at night and turned the light on at 5 percent. i was shocked to see tiny snails all over the front glass. I had seen them in daytime when the lights are on, but not in that quantity. There were 15-20 of them on the glass. Now I do not know if these are harmful to the plants or should I leave them alone or should put something which will make a meal of them. I prefer not to overstock with fish. Do I have any options? please guide.

CRS Fan

Junior Poster
Feb 15, 2010
Vancouver
If they are mini planorbid (ramshorn snails) and usually lay flat on the glass, I would suggest Assasin snails or a fish (pea puffer, dwarf chain loach, etc.) to control them. Some people just leave them (they are not really a problem, but some people find them unsightly).

Best regards,

Stuart

midnightbast

Jan 27, 2024
Denmark
Tiny snails are usually harmless to plants and can help clean algae. However, if they become a nuisance, consider natural predators like assassin snails or snail-eating fish. Avoid overstocking. And in any cases consider to visit a pet prescription without vet website in order to prevent some bad cases.

Last edited: