This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Thrive Data Needs Updating

Discussion in 'Rotala Butterfly Support & Feedback Forum' started by cl3537, Feb 20, 2019.

1. cl3537

cl3537 New Member

Local Time:
    1:46 AM
    I've been trying to match the Elemental data on my bottle of thrive with the data from the Rotala Butterfly calculator.

I tried dosing 1ml in 1 litre in the calculator.
    Nothing is matching.

For example my bottle of thrive says elemental Nitrogen is at 2.56% that would correspond to 25.6ppm of N or 113ppm of NO3- in 1 litre of water.

The calculator shows 30ppm N and 132.5ppm NO3.

Boron is way off. On the bottle 0.008% which should be 0.08ppm or 0.45ppm of Boric Acid. The calculator lists 2.3ppm for Boron.

2. fablau

fablau rotalabutterfly.com
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    10:46 PM
    Clearly the percentages shown on Thrive are calculated in a different way. If you try to dose 2 ml of Thrive in 10gl you get the expected results of:

7ppm NO3, 1.3ppm PO4, 5ppm K, and 0.25ppm Fe

As shown on their website:

http://nilocg.com/thrive

3. cl3537

cl3537 New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the reply I have reached out to Colin at Nilocg still awaiting a response as to the calculation they use I don't understand how to get their values.
    Did you just copy their values for 2ml in 10gl?

4. cl3537

cl3537 New Member

Local Time:
    Based on my discussions with Colin, there is an error in his website and in your calculator, not just for Nitrate but for many of the elements. RB does need to be updated.