This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Three plants, three different styles.. help!

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by nikelodeon79, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Tug

Tug Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    Impressive job

Sounds as if old dad came through. ;)

Change the location of your DC every now and then to find where your CO2 levels may differ.

Pick a day when you can keep an eye on your fish.
    Watch your fish for signs of stress - a much better indicator of any problems.
    Increase the surface water flow if signs of stress appear.

It is hard to adjust your levels of CO2 with yeast generators,
    but you could also shorten the amount of time you run the Duetto/reactor, if need be.

Great news nikel.
    Keep us posted.

The Drop Checker by Walter Reed

#21 Tug, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. nikelodeon79

nikelodeon79 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    I did manage to ruin one Duetto trying to take the cover off and flip it around... until I realized that it was just the suction cups that were supposed to be moved, LOL!

Here is a couple of pics demonstrating the change.

Before, with light substrate and too much light:
    [​IMG]

After, with dark substrate and the proper amount of lighting:
    [​IMG]

Now I just need to change out the substrate in my 20g because those fish are now stressed out by too much lighting since I added the Coralife fixture, and I can't raise it any higher due to the tank location.

The 20g long:
    [​IMG]
    (Plants are just floating there... going to plant them when I change the substrate).