Thread for posting proposed website graphics

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
Please use this thread if you have any artistic streaks in you! We need graphics/banners, from reading up the recent threads it seems like quite a few of you have some ideas, please feel free to voice them here and we can discuss further.

Many thanks.

Flora.

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
here you go, just a quick on using an Amano tank. It's only basic but as i am sure some of you are aware...less is more.
It is really small coz of the maximum file size but you get the idea.

UKAPS.png

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
bigdanne;16625 said:
here you go, just a quick on using an Amano tank. It's only basic but as i am sure some of you are aware...less is more.
It is really small coz of the maximum file size but you get the idea.

thats nice, good work :) can you post one a bit bigger? its hard to make out the detail. thx lots

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
See if George has some nice photos

regards,
Tom Barr

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
Hi, i'm glad you like it, here is a link to a higher quality one. I'll contact George for some possible images.
UKAPS.jpg

George Farmer

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2006
Stamford, Lincs, UK
Hi bigdanne,

The last image doesn't seem to work.

Here's a few of my own that may be useful. Here's a quick selection -

My Top Ten Photos - Tropical Fish Forums

I also have others. Let me know what you think. Remember we need permission of the photographer/owner too. I'm friendly with Justin Law and a few others so may have more selection there...

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
Hi George, thanks for the photos. I have used what i consider the best photo to promote aquatic plants and not so much the fish? plus it is quite a famous photo these days;) would others agree that this is the way to do it? (more plants than fish)
However I don't think the scale lends it's self to a "banner" particularly?
Maybe a long tank shot may work better?
Any ideas?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/bigbanne/UKAPS-2.jpg
UKAPS-2.jpg

George Farmer

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2006
Stamford, Lincs, UK
I agree that it should have plants as the main focus perhaps. But I think it would look better a lot wider than tall.

Have you seen the PFK website banner? It's my nano, with photography by Neil Hepworth. The design I think will have been done by the PFK design team.

I could have a word with them and ask if they wouldn't mind knocking similar something up, if they have a minute spare.

headercf2.jpg

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
I see what you mean it's nice. Obviously if they have time then get them to have a go, can't hurt. I have done a new one along the same sort of proportions, the black in the centre can be shrunk or expanded to fit the needs for most applications.
UKAPSV3.jpg

Moody

Prolific Poster
Aug 31, 2006
Wirral, North West,England.
I think I would like to see a clean crisp image with vivid greens, with either rocks or wood as part of the composition along with a clean white logo/wording. Plants are the most important factor here, afterall thats what UKAPS is all about.

Regards,
Graeme.

bigdanne

Junior Poster
May 1, 2007
Thats quite nice bobtail, i like the idea of using the union jack.

Sorry for the delay in getting some more ideas i've been busy at work and home. I have had another bash at it and would love some feedback.

LogoV4.jpg

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I like the Union Jack there, definitely makes the statement.
Keep that part.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
I really like that too.. what does everyone else think of it?

Ive had some major personal rubbish going on the last few weeks, so Ive not been able to do anything to the website as yet except general place holder pages, this should change in the next month or so, so watch this space.