This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Thread algae frustration

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by Simpte, Nov 20, 2005.

  1. Simpte

    Simpte Prolific Poster

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2005
    Messages:
    76
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well I awoke this morn to a 75 gallon tank completely filled with thread algae. Spent 4 hrs cleaning all the gunk out today. I couldn't see any fish or plants in there. I'm using the E.I. dosing method and You cant count the bubbles per second I'm putting in this tank. I understand 95% of all algae issues are Co2 related but what about the other 5%. What else causes thread algae. I can literally watch it grow in minutes.

    Tank specs
    75 gallon
    4x55 pc lighting
    pressurized Co2
    Rena filstar xp3 filter
    External Co2 reactor (Thanks Matt)
    Soilmaster/3M colorquartz substrate.
    No3 ~15ppm
    Po4 ?
    Ph 6.8
    kh 6-7
     
Loading...

Share This Page