This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

This just started today .

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by jippalbert, Apr 2, 2005.

1. jippalbert

jippalbert Junior Poster

[​IMG]

I am not sure what is causing this. I was wondering If I should scrub it off ?

This is 1 day after a 50% water change .

Specs

55 Gal
    150 W
    PH 6.6
    KH 5.0
    c02 38ppm
    GH 7
    Phos - 3ppm
    Nitrate-10ppm

Reset with 1/2tsp NO3 1/3tsp K & Phosphate - 0dose & dechlor

Sat,Mon,Wed Macro
    Sun,Tue,Thur Micro

2. Ian H

Ian H Guru Class Expert

Re: This just started today .

That's certainly a lot of algae growth for 1 day. My immediate thoughts are that your phosphate levels look high and nitrates a tad low.

Your plants do look a bit stunted to me. What I would do is scrape of the algae and give the gravel a good clean ( there does appear to be a lot of gunge there) and then do another 50% change without the KH2PO4, add K2SO4 instead.

Ian

3. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: This just started today .

CO2 seems off to me for that to happen. Nutrients shouldn't be of any issues except lowering the PO4 dosage to 1/16 teaspoon per dose. What is your CO2 level 1 hr into the lighting period and end of the period? Oh, do get more plants in there...that is skimpy planting as Tom calls it. :D

Regards
    Peter Gwee