The house that the Behemoth is located in

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
The Esquire House? Is this one of several? Designed for Esquire Magazine? I think that's how I understood the website. It is a bit more spacious and better furnished than my condo. Nice little aquarium, though.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Those are all in one house.
It is 17.000 sq ft and 3 acres of hill top in Beverley.

Regards,
Tom Barr

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Yes, my condo isn't quite that big, and my tank is a bit smaller too. But, I can look out over my deck and see the levee holding back the American River.

Seriously, does someone live there? And, do they own the house, or does the magazine own it? I suppose the tank getting routine maintenance and fish getting fed means someone must be living there. Probably a bachelor, always wondering if he forgot some lady in one of the bedrooms. Hey, I am getting as green as my GDA!!

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
No, he has 3 kids.
The deal is they design, promote etc, then 3 months later, the client moves in etc. Some stuff will go, some will stay.

This is still a "shack" compared to other clients' places.
But the neat thing is the client is really into the hobby and knows a few other folks that are in the area.

Promoting this hobby is something I'm passionate about.
There are many ways to do it.

Regards,
Tom Barr

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
Tom, you promote our hobby extremely well! And, the best way you do it is by providing the information we all need to stand a good chance to have a successful, beautiful aquatic garden. The more of those that other people see the more new aquatic gardeners we will have. (That's my polished apple for the week!)

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Most folks have the information they need, whether they have 200K$ or 200$, they can make a gnarly tank.

Regards, '
Tom Barr