This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

The hard life of planted tank in Lebanon beirut

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Briceboke, Nov 20, 2017.

1. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:37 PM
    How are you getting CO2 into the water? Do you run it through a ceramic disc diffuser in the aquarium? Do you use an in-line diffuser in the filter plumbing? What is the bubble rate for the CO2? How are you measuring how much CO2 you have in the aquarium water?

2. Briceboke

Briceboke New Member

Local Time:
    7:37 PM
    I found an atomic bomber but chinese it is really doing small bubbles compared to what I add before ceramic disk but poor quality...
    I do the kh/ph thing.
    The bubbles do not reach the surface before being moved all around

3. Briceboke

Briceboke New Member

Local Time:
    What is the best way to measure co2, knowing that I cannot get co2 checker, not available in my country

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I really like using a "drop checker" to measure CO2, but probably the best way to do it easily is to measure the pH of the tank water after the CO2 has been shut off for 12 hours or more. Then, turn on the CO2, and wait until almost when you are shutting if off again, and measure the pH again. The amount of CO2 you have in the water at that time is about 3 times 10 raised to the drop in pH power. For example, if the pH after the CO2 is off for a long time is 7.6, and the pH after the CO2 has been on all day is 6.8, you have about 3 times 10 raised to the 0.8 power(which is 6.3) or about 19 ppm of CO2. A pretty good CO2 concentration to try to get is 30 ppm, which corresponds to a 1.0 drop in pH.

With this method, it doesn't matter what the KH is.

burr740 and Mike k like this.
  5. Briceboke

Briceboke New Member

Local Time:
    Ok great I will try that.
    Thanks a lot

6. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    Sorry for not getting back to you for so long VaughnH, I will check the CO2 tomorrow before it goes on and then right before it goes off at night and I'll see what I get. I'll keep you posted.