GZGKqdd.jpg

KeLKIyB.jpg

DvkpEiM.jpg

oVA7qzC.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
the giant has been growing towards the light so it it tilted like that from the other tank. Lets see how fast it erects and so you can see how fast or slow it really grows.

the plant is magnificent. has a thick bottom stem structure. oh by the way, the one that i cut up and trimmed didn't grow ROOTS at all, it might of grew a little, but roots were very little compared to all the other plants of giants even the sideshoots. so that tells something about trimming leaves that way.

s0mArz9.jpg

SifKqEl.jpg

ZlOFnDq.jpg

cIqBdBg.jpg

all little whisp of algae you see is rhizo from the other tank

this tank is almost spotless and pretty easy to do as well

1. moderate lighting/spread

2. co2 good/high levels

3. water changes

4. soil (does all the work)

5. no dosing

6. bio control unit

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
2100 GPH over a roughly 55gallon tank minus cerges reactor impeding that flow

Mosses love the o2

Mosses love the o2

Mosses love the o2

The whole mixture of the o2, co2 and nh4 they seem to be thriving

I swear, whatever bba there came from before the setup and never been removed, its not coming back but i never killed the stuff or removed it that was already there. selling mosses, i'll pick around it, not to worry and remove it while i'm motivated

tGvzBvu.jpg

eGRBsvl.jpg

sqmJERp.jpg

7577NbC.jpg

vEhowX1.jpg

my next test is to dose urea for nh4 when the leech runs out in less than a month or so

I'm gonna buy commercial grade off ebay, it'll be the only thing i dose until i start seeing some deficiencies which i doubt i will cause the soil covers that

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
back to updating, iono why, hehe

How to make pantanal red? anyone know?

I've heard light spectrum

co2

maganese, K

i really think its my fertilizer regime, everything else I've kept on measure or pretty accurate throughout growing.

Right now I am alternate dosing urea and iron each day, a pinch of each

kcKUWR5.jpg

things that would complete me in this hobby:

making pantanal red

obtaining and growing snot outta syngonanthus rio uaupes 2010-12 version

farming and retiring on syngonanthus

obtaining all species of syngonanthus

become known for more than just mosses

I've stopped growing tonina fluviatilllis, i have not scaped it well, decided to part ways on it awhile back

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
current layout

redone

TKrLId1.jpg

I'm finding things are getting a lot easier and have found that "kush" spot, well almost, still gotta deal with gunk around and bba on my pink lady buces.

current syn. list

manaus

manaus narrow leaves

lago grande

madeira

sao gabriel

belem

rio negro giant

my 2010 died....

$70 plant, I could care less though

certain plants appeal and certain ones don't to one another

getting the red erio back and in abundance, will try it both emmersed and submerged.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
If pantanal gets red, (which I believe is a really very easy fix in fertilization), will fill the entire back

i got two stems of ludwigia white, i want to propagate a ton or buy more and fill the right side in

The devil is in the details in this aquarium

3okTI4Y.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Rio Negro Giant

Whether or not the common name is correct, this is a new syngonanthus specie into the USA. I started with 1 with 2 sideshoots attached and now have 13 and counting (this includes the 1 mother stem and many many sideshoots) I'm trying to propagate as fast as i can, I do not let it keep growing. This is good and fast and all but sideshoots also stunt as well. I'm hoping to get past this stunt because my method of propagating this plant is cutting the mother down to the brim and having that bottom propagate sideshoots. So if i can get past the stunting, I will have/try to produce as many as I possibly can.

We need new plants PEOPLE, keep on importing.

here are example pictures

Reactions: 2 people

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
see dead center is my target, its a bottom cut from the mother plant, then the one to the left of it is the bottom of that same mother plant trimmed today. This will 100% guarantee grow sideshoots, if i don't magically KILL off my syngonanthus

left corner bottom, bottom center, and center right, all are the same plant as well, this was a teenager into adulthood where i hacked the leaves and it didn't really grow its roots back? remember back? earlier posts...The first bottom(bottom left corner) stunted, it hasn't produced sideshoots, why the guarantee with the other bottom? because its "well rooted" already, i just cut the top and replant it.

4WOjWnB.jpg

here is the trimmed mother, before and after, every time i trim the mother, i cut the bottom leaves so it can be planted otherwise it will uproot in my 2-3 inches of soil

zsdoCrk.jpg

bXkMnyS.jpg

As far as stunting goes, it could have probably do something with the rooting, fresh new trimmed sideshoots, lesser roots, also could be spacing/overcrowding. I don't think it has anything to do with algae hinderance, I can grow plants just fine co-existing with algae. dis should tell you we still have more learning to go...EVERYBODY. Maybe slower growth maybe but i doubt enough to stunt it.

lSJOjbU.jpg

E8OZgV9.jpg

Notice here, one sideshoot is doing better even though the other one is taller, even though it has more algae on it as well.

TK5BFaI.jpg

dppaS26.jpg

I've heard from the Master, syns, do not like being moved around, as frequent as i rearrange, i can tell you this is true and not true, it could go either way, if your system is in good conditions, you follow up with your water change too, then they adjust pretty well. S grades especially don't do well to movement, i have failed at all 3 labeled uaupes, rio negro 06, and sao gabriel, that i think maybe the syngonanthus can only be grow partially submerged. I'm not trying s grades anymore, until there is a USA grower, plain and simple. Despite my full on passion for wanting them and growing them and persistence of trying/collecting/and growing, i know its a lost cause that'll be a waste of money. Now if i can get the 2010-12 rio uaupes that used to be here i will love you loyally. I've got a personal hidden grudge against Barr for ridding of my favorite plant and not propagating it as well as those that didn't buy on the SCAPE forum from me, we could've still had this plant. When crap goes down in my life, it seems to effect the hobby, i.e.. mosses, I'm not going into detail...enough of the rant though

Just an awesome fun plant, i enjoyed it was a syn. enjoyed it was a foreground and enjoyed its massive sideshooting ability and constant need of trimming

Reactions: 2 people

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Its pretty embarrassing when you say and gloat about your plants i.e.. business is booming and then get some minor algae issues into the tank.

Here are the contributions though:

I fell asleep with the light on, co2 was on target

i dialed the co2 lower slightly the next day for fish reaction

i totally dosed fertilizers in irregularity

(going from a pinch of Urea and a pinch of iron alternating days)

to a pinch of csm +b

pinch of kso4

+ the urea

+ the iron

+ei dosing with my liquid fertilizers

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
The Loan Survivor

Remember this guy?

T0DfNWV.jpg

Over 20+ fish deaths due to co2, maybe other causes, this guy survives through it all even getting sucked into the sump, he managed to get through the maze and back into the tank, the other one i bought did not survive the sump test. His colors are very nice I think but you can see the change he (i keep saying he) went through. All this guy eats is algae, i don't feed him anything else. little mouth so you won't notice it, but he's a hard worker all day longer at it at algae. December 26th, 2015 i bought this fish. I hope to get more, i want them to breed

DcuROkv.jpg

rKC00Hw.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

nicpapa

Guru Class Expert
Mar 2, 2012
greece
Try to add more surface movement for oxygen.

Dead fish from co2?

How much u add?

What fish is in above photos?

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
nicpapa said:
Try to add more surface movement for oxygen.
Dead fish from co2?

How much u add?

What fish is in above photos?

Yeah dead fish from co2 most likely, i add about 8 bps per second (i don't really know)

Fish in the above photo is a panda loach

current stock fish in the tank is

2 axelrodi

1 neon tetra

1 panda loach

2 carbon rilis

i think o2 is good now, these all seem to be good, the shrimp are the most sensitive i believe besides the axelrodi's

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
I switched from one outlet to a spray bar, now i get gentle flow and over all spread as well.

EvXIrIz.jpg

Dosing less co2 as I added some algae attackers. Hoping the mollies fo rid of bba and reticulated hillstream loaches for iono what...

current fish stock list:

3 retic. loachese

6 mollies

2 axelrodis

1 neon tetra

2 panda loaches (added a baby, he almost got sucked into the cpr overflow right away swam out and i was able to put a mesh around the ss guard.)

hope to add more, fish in a planted tank add true beauty.

8JkLTkl.jpg

k4jNCKB.jpg

3jsIxZ6.jpg

hQ4fKrI.jpg

RrhsuaO.jpg

1x47KGj.jpg

e6Rfqc3.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
$50 for two bottles shipped, a gift from a friend, at this price this looks so precious and i'm too scared to even use the dang stuff. Actually I'm going to save it i have plans.

description on the bottle/container is: "More than 100 kinds of effective microorganisms stabilizes ecosystem in an aquarium"

I'm surprised bacteria isn't talked about more for a healthy system, i've been talking to my buddy and he thinks its a major/key(success) role in the whole system.

kMfXJ56.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
So I am always changing my system right?

I tore down the co2 in my low tech tank and now this tank is double co2, each going into a separate reactor.

About diffusion

I am pumping way way way less co2 and am able to gas my fish much easier with ease.

I think a lot of us just look into a reactor or diffuser and thats it, pump co2 that way

but with more diffusers/diffusion it seems a lot easier to get away with things. I'm going to save way more co2 this way too. I mean the bubble count difference is tremendous, its a major visible reduction

so i got two 10lb tanks

one going into a cerges reactor that goes directly into the tank

the other a sera 1000 reactor thats a closed looped system.

So good co2, means stable, proper diffusion, not necessarily high bubble count as stated before already