MolsOtU.jpg

vm1giAc.jpg

xaXzA4l.jpg

YJYZ7Jj.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
My buce package got/going DESTROYED by customs. It was safeguarded and prompted for a call. I called and no phytosanitary cert, so they're destroyed. What a waste of precious plants. Reshipment will be 2 weeks latest, so I'll have to get by without.

All these buces were going to be gap fillers.

oYnJEAR.jpg

RlrXyyV.jpg

TKibfmb.jpg

eADVAfj.jpg

OxvMxIz.jpg

JusoU3t.jpg

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
With the new amazonia, i expected a lot more algae especially with my plant mass and plant types. There's no real hogs in there.

Key ideas:

1. stable co2/stable lighting, both on timers, i think this is one of major breakthroughs i had

2. water change every 3 days as suggested

3. good co2, stable count, same, so no fluctuations, and its pretty darn high as I'm gassing out mollies, down to 2 from about 20. Fish heaven is where they are at they've suffered enough. Sorry mollies

4. Mollies, bio control

so I got some diatoms, and some bba, bba was left over from the transition, but its not going away either, i'm not seeing new pop out though.

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
What kind of gizmo is beside the overflow box, with the two lines coming out?

xaXzA4l.jpg

K

kb27973

Looks like an aqua lifter pump. I have two on my overflow.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Kb's right

Tom's dosing pump. It primes my cpr overflow as well as keeps air out. Without it, the cpr overflow shuts down in a couple days or so as it builds air.

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Amazonia is an incredible soil. Just as predicted, I am getting booming growth this first month. All this is without dosing. Africana is not so bad but amazonia growth is rapid.

Pretty much

1. Don't scorch light

2. do your water changes

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Syngonanthus recovery

I've not seen it very much

But here it is

I cannot stress enough the importance of good co2 for this plant. Without co2, my S grade would melt in 2 days I've been told, and I believe it. Belem and co will last longer. But if you want this plant to thrive and flourish good co2 levels are best.

The soil does the rest, amazonia is growing things maybe twice the speed of africana. Growth is highly noticeable.

Light, you don't need too much

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
Orange County, CA
Erio sectaceum

like stated is a debris magnet

splitting you can either cut the sideshoot or easily with your fingers, the split will take partial stem of the main stem

good co2 good flow, keep debris off it