This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

tetra question

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by tedr108, Jan 21, 2008.

1. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    I think I made a mistake. I left the narrowest of pathways in the back bottom of my tank and my cardinal tetras (who seem fine and healthy) hide back there whenever I am in the room -- except during feeding time, of course. My plants are about an inch from the glass and they live in this inch! :rolleyes:

If I go over to the other side of the room, they will occasionally come out and play in the current at the front of the tank, but not very often that I know of.

I've only had them for 3 weeks. Will they outgrow this or should I block the pathway with plants or some rocks? I would like to see them out and about more often.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Blasting current and trimming a nice display pattern will force them to school better and also be seen more.

Mine go around the Rotala wallichii mound and get some decent play at the other end of the tank.

I use high current, about 250 Gph in a 20 gal for this.

Regards,
    Tom Barr