Tapatalk Issues

Harry Muscle

Junior Poster
Mar 17, 2007
26
0
1
Not sure where else this could be posted, but is anyone else having issues with connecting to Barr Report via Tapatalk? Since the server move I'm unable to connect :(


Thanks


Harry
 

Whiskey

Member
Jun 14, 2010
368
1
16
42
San Diego, CA
They may have left it out on purpose, I've heard there is a security flaw in Tapatalk right now and a number of forums are pulling support until it's sorted out.


Whiskey
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
745
113
apps have notorious lousy security, FB has that same issue also, they want to promote all those apps, but then you get terrible security. Greg Likes it, so we will figure something out for that.
 

admin_old

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Aug 3, 2006
85
0
6
60
UDGags said:
I don't think most things are setup yet...I know the search doesn't work either

Index is being rebuilt right now ... search will work as soon as the database gets reindexed ...


Thanks,


Greg


Greg Watson
 

admin_old

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Aug 3, 2006
85
0
6
60
Harry Muscle said:
Not sure where else this could be posted, but is anyone else having issues with connecting to Barr Report via Tapatalk? Since the server move I'm unable to connect :(

Thanks


Harry

TapaTalk is gone for now. I personally use it all the time - so I will be nagging myself daily about it. Has to be my ALL TIME FAVORITE app. So it is not gone without reason...


Greg


Greg Watson
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Oakley said:
Does anyone know how to respond to private messages? It doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Hi Oakley


Do you mean in tapatalk, this is now disabled until further notice.


Or do you mean the default Web and not tapatalk


At the top above the header images is a link next to your name called messages, once your in the reply button is available.




View attachment 15082

image_4362.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
2,951
642
113
50
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
I also use exclusively Tapatalk for my forum conversations, and I'd really like to be able to use that app on this forum the same way I used to do a couple of weeks ago. I haven't understood if you plan to make the forums compatible again with TapaTalk or not?
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
745
113
I gave the okay to switch over to Xenoforo, that should address a few different issues.
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Hi Fab


Toms now confirmed the go ahead asap :)


It will be myself and Greg, it should happen in the next few weeks so expect some down time.


Being vb5 its not as easy as clicking a button.. Alot of manual work is involved.
 

Dennis Singh

SynKing!
May 5, 2013
2,418
639
113
37
Orange County, CA
kisanjong said:
Hi Fab

Toms now confirmed the go ahead asap :)


It will be myself and Greg, it should happen in the next few weeks so expect some down time.


Being vb5 its not as easy as clicking a button.. Alot of manual work is involved.

I've got lots of down time, let me know if i can help Jason. Administrative assistant work, data entry, clerical, whatever
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Thanks Dennis, I think we will be OK for this part, your job may come while we tune the spam filters..


I have all previous settings backed up so I'll add them to the new setup hopefully that should do the job, my current settings on another site seems to do the job :)
 

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
18,696
745
113
Some prior data with taptalk. The Tapatalk statistics showed that about 14 people used it on average each month. That is not a usage level that is critical/defining criteria. Since the change to bv5, we have had three "new" people attempt to access the forum via TapaTalk - so in six months, that userbase of 14 could have increased by three and based on the prior two years of usage, we would have typically had a similar drop off of three ... usage levels were pretty consistent.


You can scream and holler, but unless there's data to support the labor and work, cost etc........... Frankly, that's just not worth it to the community vs the cost/labor involved.


I and Greg are both Taptalk advocates.............but there's little justification here with the last few years worth of data.


vb6 might fix that. Maybe they will fix vb5. Not sure.
 

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
1,584
384
83
48
UK
barrreport.com
Thanks Tom and Greg.


So Guys after doing my research the overall cost of a migration will cost $500+ due to cost of software and addons plus as this is vb5 it will cost to have it converted to xenforo professionally (vb5 is not supported by xenforo yet)


My Job here is to admin the site, daily checks etc and I'm happy to honour Tom & Greg's decisions after all it is there site.


To be honest if it was my choice I'm not sure I could justify spending $500+ on this just for Tapatalk.


Vb5 bugs will disappear as new builds are released?


Thanks for listening and sorry to the 14 Tapatalk users (one is me).


Regards
 

fablau

rotalabutterfly.com
Staff member
Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
2,951
642
113
50
Laguna Niguel, CA
www.fablauplants.com
kisanjong said:
Thanks Tom and Greg.

So Guys after doing my research the overall cost of a migration will cost $500+ due to cost of software and addons plus as this is vb5 it will cost to have it converted to xenforo professionally (vb5 is not supported by xenforo yet)


My Job here is to admin the site, daily checks etc and I'm happy to honour Tom & Greg's decisions after all it is there site.


To be honest if it was my choice I'm not sure I could justify spending $500+ on this just for Tapatalk.


Vb5 bugs will disappear as new builds are released?


Thanks for listening and sorry to the 14 Tapatalk users (one is me).


Regards

Jason, what do you mean with "convert to xenforo professionally"?