This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Switching from CSM+B+Extra Fe to TMG caused some issues

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by Wet, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Wet

Wet Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

I went from CSM+B+Extra Fe at .3ppm Fe 3*week to TMG at 2mL (~10gal of water, ~2x recommended dose) 3*week about a month and a half ago. My hope was the better chelator of TMG would mean Fe target was not so important. I have these issues:

Curling on L. brevipes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small leaves from L. inclinata and yellow tips from R. rotundifolia "colorata"
    [​IMG]

Melting R. macrandra:
    [​IMG]

Melting P. stellata BL (though needs to be split):
    [​IMG]

My EI for the past year or so has been:
    ~10ppm NO3, ~3ppm PO4, >40ppm K, 50% water change weekly

My current CO2 is
    4 dkH, 6.4 pH, >40ppm CO2

My plan is to increase TMG to 3mL 3*week and add an additional .1ppm from CSM+B+Extra Fe. Right track or do I need to look elsewhere? Is it possible the curling leaves means I must look closer at Ca, and that Ca dropped because of the quality of TMG or some such?

Thank you.
    Joe

2. quenton

quenton Guru Class Expert

Re: Switching from CSM+B+Extra Fe to TMG caused some issues

What is your tank size?

How much (in tsp or grams) are you dosing?

With that info, people can comment on it??

3. Wet

Wet Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Re: Switching from CSM+B+Extra Fe to TMG caused some issues

8gal main + 10gal sump/paludarium (approx 2 gallons of additional water), reverse photoperiods. I am rounding down on volume. Reverse photoperiod bottoms out nutrients quickly: I cut N dosing close... maybe too close.

3x a week, dry
    ~ 0.8g KNO3
    ~ 0.2g KH2PO4

? KCl from solution after water change: this is bonus K dosed liberally from my anecdotal experience that it makes plants look better. Last I did the math I was adding near 30ppm K from this. My KCl is in nuggets and I no longer take the time to measure it. I am dosing from the same solution I have used for ~3months.

Only change besides trimming/plants during this has been TMG though. My NPK targets have been essentially the same for a year, just slight tweaking for effect.

Thank you,
    Joe