This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Switching from co2 pressurized to non-co2 help....

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Richard Robert, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Richard Robert

Richard Robert Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:17 PM
    Ok, first of all, here are my specs I am currently running after taking off my co2...

46 gallon bowfront

Temp 79

Ph 6.2

Lighting- One T5 HO 36" 65k bulb

I'm changing over, only because my co2 regulator has broken, and I currently don't have the funds for a new one, and quite frankly, like the idea of going back to running a non-co2 tank anyway. I've done this before with plenty success, but on smaller tanks, but it can also be done on this size, which is where I need help. My regulator broke earlier this afternoon, so, I turned off one bulb so now there is only one operating, and it's on an 8 hour cycle.

I was dosing the following twice a week:

1/2 tsp N, 1/16 tsp Phos, 1/8 Potash, 1/8 tsp CSM+B, and adding a little extra iron with the CSM.

Do I now just dose once a week, and watch my Nitrates, Phos and Iron to determine a balance? I am aware it's gonna take at least a few weeks to even come close to getting a good balance, now that I've switched down a bit.

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    7:17 AM
    You using tap?

Plant types and mass?

How were you successful before? Go back to your roots..

3. Jarod

Jarod Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Not sure what your exact dosage should be but I'm running a low tech 75 with a planted plus and current sat fixture myself and I switched to dosing small amounts of fertz everyday from doing large once a week or two doses. Seems like everything is happier this way and my water chemistry is probably more consistent. You might want to look into dosing less more frequently. Just a thought.

4. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    9:17 AM
    Frequent water changes will be your friend during this transitional phase

5. Richard Robert

Richard Robert Junior Poster

Local Time:
    So, I decided to give myself a last chance, and try my hand at taking apart the regulator and reassembling it. It was a little more easier than I thought, and after reassembly and hooking my tank back up, I've got it working again perfectly. So, now I guess I'm just gonna start where I left off. But, gonna keep it just to one bulb to see if I can start low and work myself up with light intensity, to try and combat my hair algae.