This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Surface agitation or dispersement of bubbles

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Simpte, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Simpte

Simpte Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:16 AM
    I'm a little confused here. I think I read your posts right, Tom but maybe I am missing something..........
    I believe you stated that co2 bubbles spread around the tank are better than liquid co2 for the plants. Placing one's diffuser disc below the output will give better results. I also think you said a little surface agitation helps also. The question is how can you do both? My output isn't a spray bar. If I set it low to push the bubbles around then I lose my surface agitation. Its a Fluval 204 on a 20 gallon high tank.

2. PeterGwee

PeterGwee Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:16 PM
    Re: Surface agitation or dispersement of bubbles

You can drill a couple of anti-siphon holes near the surface on the vertical bar extension for the filter return to get some movement going while directing the rest of the flow elsewhere.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

3. matpat

matpat Prolific Poster

Local Time:

You could add a spray bar fairly easily. That should solve the problem for you.

4. Tom Wood

Tom Wood Guru Class Expert

Local Time:

Don't think in terms of just one filter to do everything. I have a canister, a circulation pump (also runs the UV), and a UGF on my 90 gallon. The water rocks and rolls. :p

TW

5. Simpte

Simpte Prolific Poster

Local Time:

I could understand multiple pumps/filters on a 90 gallon but a 20 gallon high? Seems excessive.

6. Tom Wood

Tom Wood Guru Class Expert

Local Time:

Ooops, I missed that part. Then splitting the return into two or more lines makes more sense.

TW