This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Sunset Hygro Not Going Pink

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Bishop, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Member

Local Time:
    6:13 PM
    Been reading a fair bit of info on RED plants lately but nothing mentions Hygro sunset. I assume because is so easy ( in my experience to turn pink ) .
    Does hygro sunset follow same principles as other red plants to make it more pink?
    I have some that's reached the surface but only very very slightly pink at the center of the top leaves.

Nitrate is not limited 10ppm Although I did try nitrae limitation to poor effect on other plants
    Co2 is high ( Ph from 7.1 rested to 5.5 before lights on. )
    Rotala rotundfolia has a slight orange hue to it at half the height so don't think lighting is an issue. 4 X 54w t5s over 220L aprox 6) gal.

Other plants seem to be doing well although my Hemianthus callitrichoides seems to be suffering poor and fragile stems and being torn up my barbs.

Any thoughts.
    I've pulled it out and put it in my low tech to see if it gets pink there but im keen to figure out where i've gone wrong so might put it back in a few places.

2. Mário Martins

Mário Martins New Member

Local Time:
    7:13 AM
    I'd like to see some photos of the aquarium to see if it's a problem I've also had.

Tags: