This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Subwassertang Questions !!

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by teedog, Mar 7, 2020.

1. teedog

teedog New Member

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Hi just joined today been in the hobby for decades.Usually failed at planted tanks but am starting again with easy to grow plants.......so far so good!!

Now my question:I order online a piece of Subwassertang which came attached to a small wire mesh type of netting. It is more than likely stainless steel but green in color if I was to remove it from the mesh it would be in specks floating all over my tank.................not a very big piece for $10.00 and looks just OK.

I know you can atatch it to wood or rocks but I need to know if I should keep it in the mesh lying on my substrate until it fills in a bit and looks healthy enough to remove from the mesh or just leave it on the mesh forever if I choose to do so.

Thanks very much for any help.

2. CRS Fan

CRS Fan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    6:23 AM
    I would let it grow out a bit and then tie it to some wood. You can even jam a piece into a crevasse or a hole and let it grow/attach to the hardscape.

Best regards,

Stuart

3. teedog

teedog New Member

Local Time:
    2:23 AM
    Thanks Stuart that`s exactly what I`m going to do.........it`s growing very slowly as I anticipated but I do see some slight growth.
    thank you !!