substrate ?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Re: substrate ?

Given what you now have, I'd just leave things the way they are.

If you want a darkwer substrate for asethetic reasons, then the ADA As is a goiod choice. EC is not any different than Fluorite, ADA As is quite differetn than these two(ADA have soft texture, more uniform grain size, macro nutrients like N and P).

And it's as cheap if not cheaper.

Regards,
Tom Barr

mtynan

Junior Poster
Aug 8, 2016
Hi I am new to the sight and looking for some objective advice. I had to take my tank as I am moving to San Francisco and will start it up in a few weeks. My tank is a 16 gallow bow front and will be low tech, but heavily planted. There is a store near me that sells all ada products. So I was very interested in trying ada amazonia. In the past I have use seachem flourtie and overall really no complaints. I have read so many good things about amazonia thought I would try it since it is local. However, I have read a bunch of horror stories about it clouding up the water really badly for weeks/months and then once settled if you rearrange plants again the same issue. I understand it realeases ammonia so I am prepared to deal with that. So I trying to get a better understanding of how bad this clouding issue is when the substrate is disturbed. Especially since i have a habit of rearrange plants often.

Migi

Junior Poster
Aug 23, 2016
The new ADA Aquasoil doesn't really cloud that much. If it does, it should clear up with a water change or you could just use Purigen in your filter.