This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Substrate Recommendations

Discussion in 'Sediment / Substrate' started by CarissaT, Jul 2, 2019.

1. CarissaT

CarissaT New Member

Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    Hello, I am getting back into the hobby after about 10 years. Thinking about what type of substrate I should go with and just due to cost I think I will stick with sand. I’ve heard pool sand is coarser than play sand which is a plus, don’t want any compacted nasty spots plus I know how messy fine sand can be when you start moving things around and vacuuming since I was in saltwater for a while. Any recommendations on grade? For instance #20 grade, what does that correspond to as far as fine/coarse..? And I might just get some myself at a local beach if I can find something suitable, but if I don’t I will have to order it online.