This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Stuck on step 2

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by sousvide, Mar 21, 2015.

1. sousvide

sousvide Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:54 PM
    Hi all,

I'm new and was introduced to the idea of a planted tank from a friend. I built him a stand for his ADA 90p and he gave me his 60p. That was 4 years ago. I've been procrastinating for some time but I'm now itching to do something with the tank.

I have an idea of what I want for my tank. I prefer a cleaner approach...sort of like a Iwagumi layout with carpeting plants. I can change this and the reason I mention that is because I'm stuck on step 2: "Choose a method and learn it well".

I've been reading a ton and am quite overwhelmed in both info and prospective cost of setting up a pressurized CO2 system. I was leaning towards a low-tech or excel tank but I don't think that's going to fulfill my goal of an Iwagumi layout though I have read of some low-co2 carpeting plants.

My question is this, can I start with an excel tank and if required move into a pressurized CO2 setup (still low-light - will likely never venture into the high-light high-co2 arena but never say never)? If I do go pressurized CO2, I'd like to do that inline but that's for further down the line.

Despite the large amount of information, it's so far been very informative and fun.

thanks!