This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Stocking Level Question

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by kperera, Nov 25, 2011.

1. kperera

kperera Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:06 AM
    I have a 47 gallon tank that's about 50% planted. I have 5 Giant Danios, 6 Tiger Barbs, 6 Green Cory Cats, 7 Otos, and 3 Zebra Nerite Snails. Going by the "inch per gallon" rule, it would seem that I have overstocked, but I am only 70% stocked according to aqadvisor.com. Any thoughts? My filter is driven by a pump rated at 480gph.

2. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The inch per gallon rule is a good guideline, although it has it's flaws. I don't think your tank is overstocked. With good filtration and cleaning methods you'll be fine.

3. jerrybforl

jerrybforl Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Your tank doesn't sound overstocked to me either. You could probably even get away with adding a few more barbs! :) If you have good filtration then you'll be fine.

4. kperera

kperera Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Ok, thanks!