This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

stem plant growth

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by JadeButterfly, Mar 20, 2005.

1. JadeButterfly

JadeButterfly Guru Class Expert

Hey all.

What is it that makes stem plants bend? I know plants usually bend towards the light...but all the stem plants I've kept has 'several' bends throughout the stem.(ie. growing upwards,then left, upwards, then left, etc.)

this in result makes the stem plants all tangled up...but I planted them all in the same direction hoping they will grow parallel...

i have a 2x96W over a 45G....the light is spread evenly as well...

thanks for your help.

2. chubasco

chubasco Guru Class Expert

Re: stem plant growth

Is the tank located where there is strong ambient light, that might confuse
    the wee plants as to where to grow? Either that, or you got some strong
    crosswinds in your tank that are corkscrewing them up (while unscrewing your
    val :) )

Bill