Starting 75 Gal. Tech Planted Tank Setup Questions

Phil Sanford

Apr 5, 2020
Cincinnati
I am returning to the aquarium hobby after 10 years away. I had just started growing plant with CO2 when I was forced sell out all of my tanks. I have just set up a dry startup with Amazonia 2, several tissue culture grow out plants, and a 46.5 in. Finnex 24/7. Surprisingly, the plants are responding Well to the change in light from my inexpensive grow out closet tanks. I have several questions that I need to resolve prior to immersion. 1) Will I need a second light fixture to provide adequate light for high light plants? 2) Does anyone have a bullet-proof CO2 reactor to place inline with the FX6 that will filter the tank? Tank shot is attached.

2056E48A-34D8-4A6E-A5C1-96524B0DE8AA.jpeg

Last edited:

Phil Sanford

Apr 5, 2020
Cincinnati
I am returning to the aquarium hobby after 10 years away. I had just started growing plant with CO2 when I was forced sell out all of my tanks. I have just set up a dry startup with Amazonia 2, several tissue culture grow out plants, and a 46.5 in. Finnex 24/7. Surprisingly, the plants are responding Well to the change in light from my inexpensive grow out closet tanks. I have several questions that I need to resolve prior to immersion. 1) Will I need a second light fixture to provide adequate light for high light plants? 2) Does anyone have a bullet-proof CO2 reactor to place inline with the FX6 that will filter the tank? Tank shot is attached.

View attachment 15813
I have be doing my due diligence and have my lighting solution ordered. I have resolved my water source issue by acquiring a RO system and will remineralize to achieve manageable kH levels for my desired CO2 levels. I have also decided on an inline reactor for this size tank, My main concern had to do with the difficulty of finding an inline CO2 Injection solution that was compatible with 3/4 in. tubing. My present reactor has 5/8 in capacity. My DSM appears to be going well.