This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Spirogyra

Discussion in 'Algae Control' started by mexicatz, Oct 22, 2017.

1. mexicatz

mexicatz Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    Anyone have success using these methods to combat Spirogyra?

Pick out as much as possible and do a three day blackout with CO2 turned off and doing large daily water changes. Dose back with macros after the water change

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:27 PM
    I find blackouts ineffective against algae in general... I mean they work for me if I hold the algae in the dark for months at a time. And even then, blackouts have no effect on the spores formed.

For hairalgae in general, everyday toothbrush, coupled with amanos and other consumers of this algae. If conditions are good for plants and you harass it daily it will go away. For have infested patches of moss maybe H2O2 would be somewhat effective.

Tags: