This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Spider webs

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by deucebiggss, Dec 1, 2009.

1. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:32 PM
    It has been 2 weeks since starting my dry start. I have noticed some spider webs in random spots on the substrate. I have seen some spiders and killed em. The plants are doing great, other than having some random webs. Does anyone have experience with this? Is this something that will cause problems later or will the fish get em when I fill the tank? I know they came with the shipment.

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Well, I am pretty sure most spiders are carnivorous and that whatever types you have now are NOT water dwellers, I would say let the fish get em.

Unsightly, but keep in mind they will eat OTHER insects that MAY harm the plants.

I would keep em if it doesn't creep you out too much :)

3. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Very true! And a valid point. I have a bowl of water in the tank and have some dead bugs floating in the water. Not sure what they are. Keeping an eye on em. I have a ton of houseplants, so I'm not sure if they came from there. I hate bugs, but with plants come bugs unfortunately. Keep you posted thanks.

4. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Spiders Tend the Garden

Hi,

As usual in my pathetic attempt to appear smart, :eek: I once again agree with Gerry.

If the spiders are setting up camp, there is something for them to eat and they in turn will be a treat for your fish. ;)

Don't you just love the cycle of life! :rolleyes:

Biollante