This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

smokey haze on top of water

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by crystalview, Jan 3, 2009.

1. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:11 AM
    I have reduced my lighting hours until I can get another fixture for my GSA.
    I removed my wall of water spray and now I see what looks like fine smoke on the surface of the water. Is this harmful? The tank itself looks clear.

2. tedr108

tedr108 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
  3. Mooner

Mooner Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Night time aeration works well on redissolving the scum. Been doing this for over a month on a tank that had chronic surface scum, now it will go all week with zero scum.

4. crystalview

crystalview Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Since I don't have CO2 I aimed the fluval outlet to the surface. It did pretty good. I removed the wall of bubbles because it was to noisy. The water dose not move above the intake so there are particles on the surface there. Might need another small power head.
    Can mollies live by themselves? Did anyone find out if they help with the scum?
    I do bet they would eat my Discus eggs faster then the parents.