This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Slow deformed growth, and brittle plants....

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by colonel, Dec 18, 2005.

1. detlef

detlef Member

Local Time:
    7:13 AM
    Re: Slow deformed growth, and brittle plants....

Hi Tom,

>I uproot when I replant, many folks strangely don't(at least to me) and top only.<

I always try to keep tanks (tank water included) as clean as possible. Therefore, as to avoid the mess after uprooting I leave the roots in place, cut plants just above the substrate and replant tops. Never had problems with rotting roots (at least in ADA soils within two years after set up). I even did that with Eusteralis (P.) stellata (big root system). I usually replant in the same area where the old plant was growing before. Does anybody else use this same method?

Regards,
    Detlef

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    7:13 AM
    Re: Slow deformed growth, and brittle plants....

I've done this in the past, I also have done this more often in the ADa soils for mess making reasons with the power sand.

But this is not ADA soil either, it'll also clog up and can use a good fluffing once a year or so. But if you have all that powersand down there, it's a PITA.

So I set up tanks without the PS after seeing the issue appear with several folks using the combo as well as my own.

Regards,
    Tom Barr