This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Sick Rainbows

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by charter, Jun 23, 2007.

1. charter

charter Guest

Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    Is my PH (6.7 -6.9) to low for the Rainbows to thrive. my PH is 7.2-7.3 from the tap then the CO2 takes it down to 6.6-6.7. they seem to stress out during water changes and some of them get a greyish slime that Melafix won't cure. If I raise the KH to then raise the PH will that help?

2. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    That's a Myco-bacteria common to Rainbows. Especially asian tank raised. In good condition they kick it very quickly. Treat in a quarantine tank with Fungus Cure and anti bacterial feed for 2 weeks . What type rainbows ? HTH Prof M

Edit: Regarding Rainbows in Low PH Mine are currently at 6.3 and breeding like rabbits, So I'm pretty sure they are relatively unconcerned.

3. charter

charter Guest

Local Time:
    9:33 AM
    I have several and only a few seem to get infected. The reds are the worst I started with 8 and now I have one female all died the same way that slime within six months. Next would be the Turquoise I have three of six. Also I have one Parkinson left and three McCulloch's. In my 150 gal. I have two Australian and five Emperor Rainbows that have not shown any problems since I put them in eight months ago and they are in the same water conditions.