This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Should Macs And Mics Be Dosed Before The Lights Turn On?

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by rs18alpha, Jan 1, 2018.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    I can't remember if I've asked this already? Does it make a difference when the ferts are added to the tank?
    For instance, would it be better to add them an hour or so before the lights come on so they can have a little time to circulate in the water??

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:53 AM
    Hi rs18alpha,

in real life, practical terms it is unlikely you will notice a difference.

It is sensible to try and add them sometimes at the beginning of the light period. If you follow the EI dosing, there should already be more than enough for plants in the water for a few hours. You can add macros without worrying about their availability.

Regarding micros one could make the argument that their availability is somewhat influenced by the pH of the solution. As such, depending on the specific aquarium it might make sense to dose when the pH is low enough. However for most people the effect will also be minimal.

Regarding the mixing in water they should be mixed quite well in a few minutes.

3. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    3:53 AM
    Thanks!

4. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    I think it is better that way. provide nutrients prior to lights on in order for them to absorb throughout the day. Doesn't have to be an hour you can put just like co2 as soon as lights come on. I just think its better, it won't show much difference, but i say hit it before the deficiency hits in the first place.