This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

should i be worried about my tank falling apart?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Omegatron, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    11:26 PM
    Hi,

So last september i got myself a new aquarium, I had it build at the LFS.

Since i had the tank i noticed the tiny bubbles on the edge of the glass, where the front and side glass are connected. I asked the guy that build it if it could do any harm and he said no. But over time those bubbles have disappeared and the edge turned white. The other side of the tank didnt had this bubble issue when i got it but now it seems to get some on the top aswell.

Here are some pics:

Right side, in the top i can see some micro bubbles:

foto4.jpg

Left side, edge turned white:

[​IMG]

Should i be worried for my tank falling apart? If it cant cause any breaking im ok with it but im afraid this could turn to leaking. Maybe im wrong....i really hope so.

(I also mailed the LFS, waiting for a reply)

This tread got me worried: http://www.my-mac.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14290&start=30

Thanks!

#1 Omegatron, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  2. Omegatron

Local Time:
    So the LFS mailed me back, they are going to replace the tank for me. Great news that they dont give me any trouble with it. Bad news is that i am not looking foward into starting all over again so soon.

What the exact problem whas, is not clear. They just said that it didnt look good and they will give me a new tank asap. hopefully the next tank will be better.

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi, glad they are replacing it but yes, sucks you have to redo it..

It seems to me that the silicone did not cure or was applied correctly. You should NOT see bubbles in the seams at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, glad they are replacing it but yes, sucks you have to redo it..

It seems to me that the silicone did not cure or was applied correctly. You should NOT see bubbles in the seams at all.

4. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    If this were an ADA tank, they'd say it's normal and won't affect the function or integrity of the tank. ;)

5. Omegatron

Local Time:
    LOL, so anyone has an ADA sticker i can put on the tank? I can probably sell this tank and earn a few bucks haha.