See any issues with this setup so far? (my 1st attempt at planted tank)

bill321

Junior Poster
Feb 2, 2010
Hello all,

This is my 1st attempt at a planted tank and I am looking for some feedback before I go any further.

Here is what I have going:

33gal Mr. Aqua tank (25"x18"x18")
Aquatic-Life 4-24watt bulbs (will probably only run 2 bulbs)
Eheim Pro3 2071
Hydor 200w heater
DIY CO2 reactor
DIY Stand with a light inside
Primo CO2 setup from GLA
Korilla Nano
ADA AmazoniaII

I am leak testing everything right now and so far so good.

I am not fully sure about how to use pressurized CO2 just yet......but I have it running at 15PSI and about 8bps (best I can count) and the Drop Checker is starting to turn green after 2hours. Also I have not seen any bubbles come out of the spray-bar yet......so I assume the reactor is working. The water from my other tank tested as 4KH so I used that in the reactor. Also I don't have the CO2 on a timer just yet as I am just testing to make sure everything works.

The reactor I built has a bleed valve at the top to which I attached a hose that I can run out to a bucket. I have never used a canister filter before but it seemed to make priming the filter very easy.

Does anybody see anything wrong with this set-up?

I am going to try my hand at a dry-start foreground carpet, so I think I should have plenty of time to make equipment adjustments if needed.

874679022_KLyrB-L.jpg

874679056_Yzxbq-L.jpg

874679071_3CjAf-O.jpg

Thanks !

Bill321

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Nice Set-up!

Hi,

It looks good to me, nice set-up! :)

The Co2 flow seems high, though bubble rate is not a good indicator.

I would definitely go with the two bulb option. :cool:

Biollante

bill321

Junior Poster
Feb 2, 2010
Thanks !

I think got a better handle on how many bubbles per sec I was putting into the tank. I used a stop watch to count 10 bubbles and found it took 2sec. So I guess that puts me at 5 bps. I think that is a little high because I was anxious to get everything up and running. Like I said above....this is my first time using Co2 and actually the first time I turned everything on together......so I will fine tune as I go along.

Bill321