This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

See any issues with this setup so far? (my 1st attempt at planted tank)

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by bill321, May 21, 2010.

1. bill321

bill321 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:45 AM
    Hello all,

This is my 1st attempt at a planted tank and I am looking for some feedback before I go any further.

Here is what I have going:

33gal Mr. Aqua tank (25"x18"x18")
    Aquatic-Life 4-24watt bulbs (will probably only run 2 bulbs)
    Eheim Pro3 2071
    Hydor 200w heater
    DIY CO2 reactor
    DIY Stand with a light inside
    Primo CO2 setup from GLA
    Korilla Nano
    ADA AmazoniaII

I am leak testing everything right now and so far so good.

I am not fully sure about how to use pressurized CO2 just yet......but I have it running at 15PSI and about 8bps (best I can count) and the Drop Checker is starting to turn green after 2hours. Also I have not seen any bubbles come out of the spray-bar yet......so I assume the reactor is working. The water from my other tank tested as 4KH so I used that in the reactor. Also I don't have the CO2 on a timer just yet as I am just testing to make sure everything works.

The reactor I built has a bleed valve at the top to which I attached a hose that I can run out to a bucket. I have never used a canister filter before but it seemed to make priming the filter very easy.

Does anybody see anything wrong with this set-up?

I am going to try my hand at a dry-start foreground carpet, so I think I should have plenty of time to make equipment adjustments if needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks !

Bill321

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Nice Set-up!

Hi,

It looks good to me, nice set-up! :)

The Co2 flow seems high, though bubble rate is not a good indicator.

I would definitely go with the two bulb option. :cool:

Biollante

3. bill321

bill321 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks !

I think got a better handle on how many bubbles per sec I was putting into the tank. I used a stop watch to count 10 bubbles and found it took 2sec. So I guess that puts me at 5 bps. I think that is a little high because I was anxious to get everything up and running. Like I said above....this is my first time using Co2 and actually the first time I turned everything on together......so I will fine tune as I go along.

Bill321

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Have you seen any recent threads/posts about Amazonia II breaking down?