This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Seachem Equilibrium Root Tabs??

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by BettaBeGood, Oct 19, 2020.

1. BettaBeGood

BettaBeGood Member

Local Time:
    6:11 PM
    hello I been dealing with srunted curling twisted growth on my Pogostemon Stallata, Pogostemon Helfiri, rotala macandra mini butterfly, limnophilia sessiflora, limnophilia aromatica,rotala sp green,A.R,mermaid weed,rotala nanjenson and blyxa japonica. I think that's it. Lol
    40gallon breeder
    Stratum substrate
    Pressurized co2 27ppm ph kh chart
    Nilocg E.I Diy mix mac and mics
    2finnex planted plus 24/7crv and a beamswork da fspec hanging 10 inches of water surface. 122watts.
    9hr photo period
    Gh5
    Kh 3.5
    Temp 74
    Penn plax cascade 1000 canister filter.
    EVERYTHING LED ME TO CALCIUM OR MAGNESIUM SO I STARTED TO DOSE 32G SEACHEM EQUILIBRIUM WEEKLY WITH WATER CHANGE. Sorry I didn't notice caps were on. Bottle says that should raise gh by 3dgh. So I tested 9gh is what i came up with. Its been 1 week and I still notice stunting. So I went down google and plant deficiency and it said calcium effects root growth. Well when I pulled up a stem of Pogostemon stallata the root morphology was horrible compared to how I have seen them. So I had some leftover 00 gel caps and filled them with EQUILIBRIUM and stuffed them into the substrate around the Pogostemon stallata. I'll keep ya updated. But if someone can point out something I missing I'd really appreciate it.

2. pmucka

pmucka New Member

Local Time:
    12:11 AM
    Could you post some pics? I'm also trying to track down whats happening in my tank and have recently added some root caps.

3. BettaBeGood

BettaBeGood Member

Local Time:
    6:11 PM

Mine isn't the regular API OR SEACHEM or osmocote plus root tabs.. I took Seachem equilibrium which has calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium and made some root tabs outta that because its high in calcium and magnesium good for the roots.